Well nothing terrible happened. Some of the glazes didn’t do exactly what I expected and one pot stuck itself to the clay biscuit I had set it on, but there were no major disasters. I now have a set of test tiles for my glazes, even though the effect on the tile doesn’t always resemble what I got on the pots. Some pots went straight into the bin.


This is my favourite pot – a tea bowl that was one of the first things I made on my wheel.


The textured pots were disappointing, with most of the pattern being wiped out by the glazes. I need to carve deeper next time.


And finally I have a spoon rest to replace the teapot shaped one I broke at work.


Have fun folks,

Annette 🙂